The candidate MUST have worked as a full-time butler for at least 3 years for a private family, have an F&B background, and be flexible, reactive, and organized. A pleasant, helpful personality is a must. Butler Academy would be a plus. Fluent in English and having worked ideally for European principals in the past.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Provide exceptional service to the family in the following and other areas:
- F&B service for all meals, beverages, light fare, and snacks.
- Cover all aspects of table service throughout the property ( interior and exteriors)
- Prepare drinks, cocktails, fresh juices, and other hot and cold beverages.
- Prepare and propose food and beverage items with the chef throughout the day.
- Ensure that all tableware and linen are ready for use, inventoried and in sufficient quantity at all times, clean all service ware to the highest standard.
- Carry out table settings and mise en place for day to day use as well as for events, be responsible for the setup in the family kitchen. Working closely with the Chef to ensure food stocks are to be found and produce is purchased as per the tastes and needs of the family.
- Be able to cook light fare as well as breakfast
- Be able to work with and train housekeepers to carry out table service and mise en place when he or she is not present.
- Maintain an impeccable butlers service area and back of house kitchen area, participating in daily cleaning of the dining areas, house and any other area as well as carry out deep cleaning when required.
- Ensure that all beverages are stocked, ordered and inventoried at all times.
- Generally, anticipate and prepare for the family’s needs daily based on their agenda, the weather and guests and events.
- Assist with general tasks and demands from the family, such as preparing items for travel, helping to maintain the gentleman’s wardrobe and tidying and organizing the household.
- Be computer and House Management and TV savvy
- Greet the family and guests ensuring that personal items are tidies and taken care of.
- Receive packages and deliveries placing them where required and ensuring that they are inventoried and listed
- Communicate with the House Manager, Personal Assistant, Driver and other household staff about the comings and goings of the family to ensure service runs smoothly.
- Welcome private service providers and ensure they are ready to provide services with the necessary timing and equipment for the family in the desired location.
- Work alongside staff in all service positions to provide direct support for the day to day activities
- Be able to travel with the family on holidays or business trips, assist with packing and unpacking as well as day to day services liaising with hotel staff and rental agencies. Provide services as needed during travel such as shopping, excursions, general cleaning and tidying..
Email your resume to [email protected]